Our Story

 In 1947, a small group of dedicated men and women made their way to an old one-room schoolhouse on Nassauville Road. Although few in number, they were united in a common goal, to establish a church in their community. Under the direction of Rev. J. F. Green as pastor, owning nothing but their faith in God, this group of believers began to meet, hold revivals, and carry on the Lord’s business, and Springhill Baptist Church was born. In May 1950, they borrowed $500 to build a permanent building on donated land.

Then in 1963 Springhill Baptist Church called its first full-time pastor, Rev. Daniel E. Wade, the first of several men of God who would lead Springhill.

In April 1992, Dr. Jackie E. Hayes, was called as our Senior Pastor, where he served until May 2009.

Fifty years following the birth of the church, God called Springhill into its next phase of faith, growth and leadership with a vision for a new facility – a Family Life Center that would serve a multitude of purposes for God’s service to the church family and entire community. In the fall of 1994, Springhill Baptist Church held a banquet entitled “Vision to Victory” campaign to lay the financial foundation. The results paid off when a groundbreaking ceremony in April 1996 kicked off construction of the $2 million, 26,000 square foot building, completed late 2000. Members and staff gathered January 28, 2001 to officially dedicate the building.  Since 2002, the Family Life Center (FLC) has served as Springhill's location that we worship together.